Professor John Denero will give a talk and answer questions about the new Data Science Undergraduate Education Program. In spring 2016, UC Berkeley will officially launch the Foundations of Data Science course, a course jointly developed and offered by Computer Science, Statistics, and the School of Information. In conjunction with the Foundations of Data Science course, there will be a series of connector courses that will allow students to explore data science from fields as diverse as cognitive science, history, literature, engineering, ecology, and beyond.
Here is a list of connector courses for sping 2016:
- COGSCI 88: Data Science and The Mind
- HIST 88: How Does History Count?
- INFO 98: Data and Ethics
- STAT 88: Probability and Mathematical Statistics in Data Science
- CEE: Data Science and Smart City
- CS: Computational Structures in Data Science
- ESPM 88: Data Sciences in Ecology and the Environment
- ESPM 89: Exploring Geospatial Data
- L&S 88-1: Health, Human Behavior, and Data
- L&S 88-2: Literature and Data