Apply now for BIDS Undergraduate Internships, which provide a variety of engaging data science research opportunities through UC Berkeley's Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program (URAP). Through this program, BIDS Fellows, Senior Fellows, and Staff mentors enlist undergraduate students to help design and implement collaborative projects in a variety of research areas, helping students develop skills in research, programming, paper writing, project management, and team building.
Fall 2020 Projects will be posted through August 12th. Eligible undergraduates may apply online August 19-31, 2020.
- Anomaly Detection using Deep Learning for Fundamental Physics Discovery - Ben Nachman, LBNL
- Computational imaging and microscopy - Laura Waller, EECS
- Deep Learning in Medical Imaging - Maryam Vareth, BIDS and UCSF
- Demo Watch - Saul Perlmutter, BIDS; and Nick Adams, Goodly Labs
- Developing an open-source software package for generating synthetic electronic health record data - Haley Hunter-Zinck, BIDS and UCSF
- Medical Imaging Research: k-space MRI Reconstruction Using Deep Learning - Maryam Vareth, BIDS and UCSF
- Research Ready Archives - Saul Perlmutter, BIDS; and Nick Adams, Goodly Labs
- Public Editor - Saul Perlmutter, BIDS; and Nick Adams, Goodly Labs
- Understanding physical processes and making environmental predictions using Deep Learning - Laurel Larsen, Geography
- Using Data Science to Improve COVID-19 Response in Developing Countries - Josh Blumenstock, I-School
Updated August 19, 2020