Join us for the annual BIDS Data Science Faire!
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Time: 1:30-5:00 PM
Location: Berkeley Institute for Data Science (BIDS), 190 Doe Library, UC Berkeley.
This year’s Data Science Faire will feature lightning talks, posters and demonstrations from researchers across campus. Participants will learn about interesting data-intensive research and connect with UC Berkeley data scientists representing a wide variety research domains and methodological areas.
Sign up to present a poster/demo by Tuesday, May 1st
If your work involves data science - such as conducting a data-intensive project, running an open source initiative on campus, developing tools to enable reproducible science, etc. - we welcome you to present your efforts at the BIDS Data Science Faire! As examples, here are some of the poster/demo examples from previous years:
- Computational Imaging
- Spatial Data Science Bootcamp at the GIF
- Tell Me Something I Don’t Know: NLP Analysis of OkCupid Profiles
- Terapixel Maps of the Sky
- Research Data Management: Where Can I Store My Data?!
- Data Analytics and Science at NERSC
- Data Rich Archeological Research at UC Berkeley
More information and a detailed agenda will be posted on the BIDS website as the event approaches.
With questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.