The BIDS Best Practices in Data Science focuses on increasing diversity and inclusivity in Berkeley’s active data science community. This discussion series, which launched in Spring 2019, meets to synthesize participants' experiences working in the field of data science, discern how data science practices can be done well, and discover how to improve upon lessons-learned. Topics discussed cover a broad range of meta-research topics — including ethics, diversity and inclusion, group dynamics, process implementation — and blog posts and white papers are issued periodically to report the groups findings:
- How to approach accessibility in academic data science - September 23, 2021
- Resistance to Adoption of Best Practices - March 12, 2019
- Best Practices for Managing Turnover in Data Science Groups, Teams, and Labs - March 5, 2019
- Best Practices for Fostering Diversity and Inclusion in Data Science - January 29, 2019
- Challenges of Doing Data-Intensive Research in Teams, Labs, and Groups - November 14, 2018
Please contact Ciera Martinez for more information about this group, their activities, research, and publications.