The BIDS-BCHSI Research Xchange Forum will be launched in October 2020 as an open discussion platform for the interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and research projects at the intersection of healthcare and data science, enabling participants to support the development, and research of our members, and to foster new collaborations.
Clinicians and physicians with an interest in data science methods and tools, as well as data science faculty and researchers with applications or interests in the healthcare and health sciences, are welcome and encouraged to participate. Regular participants will also include the I4H Fellows, as well as post-docs, staff, and faculty from UC Berkeley, UCSF, and Johnson & Johnson.
Participants are invited to engage in a variety of activities, including presentations of work-in-progress, discussions and critiques of recent papers and AI methods in healthcare, introductions to new tools and methods, and opportunities to foster new collaborations. Invited speakers include leading voices in AI and Healthcare, and active conversations invite participants to share fresh perspectives. The immediate goals of this Forum are to share our current research projects with a wider audience, and to increase engagement and improve communication among the three host organizations.
Meetings will be held virtually on the first Monday of each month at 12:30-1:30 PM Pacific Time, and interested members of the UC Berkeley, UCSF, and Johnson & Johnson communities are invited to sign up for this group's mailing list to receive information about upcoming individual webinars. Please contact InnovateForHealth@berkeley.edu for more information.
- Feb 1 — Using Biomedical Knowledge Graphs for Medical Diagnosis Prediction – Lowry Kirkby, PhD, 2019-2021 Data Science Health Innovation Fellow
- March 1 — Comparison of synthetic electronic health record data generation techniques for training predictive clinical models – Haley Hunter-Zinck, 2019-2021 Data Science Health Innovation Fellow
- April 5 — Title/Abstract TBA
- May 3 — Title/Abstract TBA
- June 7 — Title/Abstract TBA
- July 5 — No meeting, Independence Day holiday
- August 2 — Title/Abstract TBA
- Sept 6 — No meeting, Labor Day holiday
- Oct 4 — Title/Abstract TBA
- Nov 1 — Title/Abstract TBA
- Dec 6 — Title/Abstract TBA
- Dec 7 — Algorithmic Stewardship - Steph Eaneff, MSP, Data Science Health Innovation Fellow
- Nov 2 — Special Kickoff Event: A consolidated framework for generating and validating synthetic, structured electronic health record data — Haley Hunter-Zinck, PhD, Data Science Health Innovation Fellow