BIDS and Upwardly Global (UpGlo) partnered in fall 2020 to launch this series of webinars to support job seekers in the field of data science, and the series is created especially for US immigrants and refugees who have college degrees from their home countries (but are as yet unemployed or working in survival jobs far below their skill level) who are new to the US job market. BIDS researchers and Upwardly Global (UpGlo) leaders and job coaches create this series with support from Accenture Applied Intelligence (AAI), with which both organizations engage in strategic relationships. Watch webinar videos in this series.
- February 10, 2021: An overview of Data Science: Current market perspectives and basic tools
- April 28, 2021: An introduction to git & GitHub: The standard tools for version control
- August 18, 2021: An overview of Python: A language for most of your applications
- December 1, 2021: An overview of R: The standard open source statistical language
- March 30, 2022: An introduction to SQL: The definitive language for relational databases