Thank you for your interest in becoming a visiting scholar at BIDS, a central hub of research and education within UC Berkeley designed to facilitate and nurture data-driven science.
Our goal is to bring together a broad constituency of the data science community, including domain and methodological experts. BIDS visiting members can engage with our community in the following ways:
- Utilize our workspace in 190 Doe Library during regular business hours
- Collaborate with our data science fellows and senior fellows
- Participate in and help facilitate BIDS events and activities designed to foster meaningful research connections
To apply to become a visiting scholar, please attach your CV and two-part application document that includes the following:
1. One page addressing the following items:
- Who you would like to collaborate with at BIDS or Berkeley
- How much time per week you would need to use the BIDS space (the BIDS space is primarily collaborative, so you should expect to engage with others when there and look forward to a certain amount of discussion and occasional interruption)
- Whether BIDS will be your primary work location or whether there are any other spaces on or off campus where you can work
- Whether you are requesting financial support to pay associated UC Berkeley fees for the visiting research scholar program
2. One to two pages (plus relevant references) describing your intended work. We will give particular consideration to proposals that are well aligned with the BIDS mission and collaborative research in data science.
We will review and follow up with applications on a rolling basis.